MIT-WPU SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHY | PUNE | INDIA
- +91 7887882084/85
“Diploma in Photography” is a one-year part-time course that comprises of everything from Basic to Advance photographic studies.
The course ensures to build a strong technical and aesthetical base. We believe that scientific foundation of photographic art is essential to enable students to efficiently apply technical knowledge to his/her creativity. We aim to groom our students to become technically and aesthetically sound photographers, who can cater to the various photography genres.
Students get to learn about varios genres ranging from Advertising, Fashion and Wildlife to Medical photography and much more. In order to provide deep knowledge, special workshops and guest lectures are organized for every genre. We thrive to provide students with maximum practical guidance by arranging demonstrations both in the studio and outdoors.
Every year we organize a study tour with the aim to let our students explore their photography skills in a new place away from the comfort of the college campus and their city. The destinations that we choose for study tour provide abundant opportunities to capture street life, architecture, portraits, landscapes, wildlife etc. The study tour has proved to be extremely beneficial for students and has bought out the best in them.
Click Foto Fest is an integral part of MITSOP’s co-curricular activities. Click is an exhibition of student’s work from that particular academic year. The students organize this event with able guidance from the staff and management. It is a great platform for our students to showcase their talent in front of the who’s who from the industry.
Examinations and Submissions
We believe that a student’s progress depends largely on regular assessment of his/her skills and giving guidance based on their performance. Therefore, students must complete assignments given to them every month. Exams are conducted twice a year. Mid-term exam is held before Diwali vacations and final exams are held in the month of April.
Diploma in Photography
- Fundamentals in photography
- Composition and framing
- Principles of Lighting
- History of Photography
- Outdoor Photography
- Photo walks and outdoor assignments
- Basics of Studio Photography
- Midterm Exams
- Studio Photography & its Types
- Post processing (Editing and Designing)
- Any one Discipline of photography for specialization
- Field Tour/Photography study tour
- Portfolio Presentation
- Master classes from renowned photographers
Eligibility And Requirements
- Minimum educational qualification - 10th passed.
- Medium of instruction for the course and examinations is English. Thus students must posses enough knowledge of the language.
- Any DSLR camera with basic kit lens is mandatory. Apart from that, students may buy equipment according to their needs and wish.
- Despite being part-time, the course is rigorous and extremely demanding at times. Students must be prepared to be able to cope with the strict submission deadlines and work assigned to them.